Thursday, April 05, 2007

X-MAN!!!

There has been a lot going on since my last post. I have switched job roles and am now working at the corporate headquarters. I have been a little busy and haven't had the time to post. However, today I came across one of the dumbest marketing ideas ever! This makes "Office Space" look like the most professional place on earth. I had little choice but to post this as soon as I had a chance.

I am going to try and do this without getting into trouble so forgive any specifics that I have to leave out in order to obtain my anonymity.

We have been missing our numbers so the stock has really taken a beating and so the marketing department has been working very hard to try and stimulate revenue. They had a competition for people inside the company to come up with ideas and they would win $2500 bucks. Well when 90% of the company are hardcore data geeks I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

I now present to you......

The best idea in corporate marketing history.........

X-MAN!!!!!!!

I am being serious, this is not a joke!!

X-man, wow, that was totally worth $2500 bucks! I wonder how long it took the geek that came up with that?..."You see Chris, it's like having Wolverine for our corporate mascot but we will just call him X-man and make him look like a homo Italian guy, If I get that $2500 I am going to buy a new Linux server to run Oracle 10G so I can track my Internet logs"

It gets even better, they put out on the Intranet a little mock interview with X-man, here are some parts of the interview for your entertainment:

*****: What is your role as the ***** X-Man?

X-Man: That’s simple. I’m the 'company name' brand guy. I live and breathe this stuff and have lots of fun promoting the 'company name' great brand. You’ll see me here and there, throughout your workplace and in the newsletter just to remind everyone of the importance of our corporate brand. On the side, I also rescue cats from trees.

'company name': Thanks for the great information, X-Man. Before we go, tell us your pick for winner of the Cricket World Cup?

X-Man: My money is on Ireland, but anything could happen!

'company name': And the NCAA Basketball Championship?

X-Man: Easy. Florida, hands-down.

'company name': I guess we’ll be seeing you again?

X-Man: Without a doubt. Meanwhile, remember: When it comes to the brand, I’m … X-Man!


I have to say this is the first time I have worked for a company where we have a cartoon as the corporate mascot. There is talk that they are going to make an X-Man suit and put some dude in it. He will give away corporate crap like t-shirts and coffee cups during a little pep rally next month. I wonder if we can wear Hawaiian shirts on that day? I will have to ask.

Until next time,

Tyse

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker