Thursday, September 28, 2006

Am I crazy?

This is more of a sanity check than anything else.

I just read this update from my news server:

IBM Corp., based in Armonk, N.Y., and Lenovo Inc. of Research Triangle Park, N.C., recalled the rechargeable, lithium-ion batteries used in ThinkPad computers because they may pose a fire hazard. About 168,500 of the batteries were sold in the U.S., while the rest were distributed worldwide, the CPSC said.

It was the fourth recall in recent months involving Sony batteries believed to be defective. In August, Dell asked customers to return 4.1 million faulty laptop batteries and Apple recalled 1.8 million batteries worldwide, warning they could catch fire. Last week, Toshiba said it was recalling 340,000 laptop batteries due to a problem that caused the laptops to sometimes run out of power.

Let me provide a summary in my own words to assure I have the facts straight. Sony laptop batteries were recalled from these laptop vendors:

1. Dell
2. Apple
3. Tochiba
4. IBM

Now am I taking crazy pills or does there seem to be one laptop vendor missing?

What is Sony doing?
"Chan, what you doin`? dont be puttin those battery in Sony laptop. Those battery are for oder non-Sony laptop"

EDIT:
If you have read this far and are still confused as to what I am talking about then you're an idiot! I guess I will have to spell it out for you. Sony made the batteries that went into the recalled laptops of IBM, Tochiba, Apple, and Dell. The problem is, "why didn't any SONY laptops get recalled?" They must of sold all the bad batteries and kept the good ones for themselves.

Tyse

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. I've been lurking on your blog for some time now, but THIS post....I just had to comment that it had me in hysterics. "Chan..." SERIOUSLY FUNNY! Thanks!

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker