Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Starbucks.....(good coffee;bad people)

I am not sure what it was today, or if it was the aggregation of everything going on right now. I just can't take all the bullshit today! I deal with bullshit everyday of my life, that is what I do I guess; deal with people's bullshit. I am usually really good at it and things just roll off me. Today was different, I think it all started when I got in my car and saw that it was 75* at 7:00 AM and I slowly realized I only have a few more weeks until the heat is back. I also think not getting enough sleep last night took it's toll, not as if I get enough sleep in general. However, last night really sucked because I have a huge ECON test today and I am very stressed about it so I couldn't sleep. Traffic sucked on the way to work but I am used to that, it's sort of a given.

Once at work I just wasn't ready for the day so I decide to escape my cubicle farm and get out of the office for a min. While walking over to Starbucks I notice two attractive women also walking over next to me. I didn't think much about them nor did I give them any attention. My mind was too busy thinking about the marginal product of labor in relation to the price ratio. Once in line behind these ladies I notice that everyone in the Starbucks is staring at these women. I thought this was very funny, some people were doing it totally obvious and other were trying to be more sly, glancing over a newspaper every 10 seconds, I thought this was funny and just kept watching. Human behavior is very interesting. You can tell what each of them is thinking just by their expressions. Then I started thinking I have been one of those guys plenty of times. I then thought how dumb I must look when I do that. I was thinking how these guys look like kids in a candy store. The sad part was these girls really were not that good looking. If you took off the makeup and nice clothes I am sure nobody would give them a second glance. I am going to make sure I no longer look like one of those guys, I will notice and attractive women and just move on, I no longer want to be like one of those guys. I could go off on a big tangent here about how fake everything is and how everyone wants to escape reality and chase a fantasy, but that's off the topic.

I get my coffee and now not only am I pissed due to the above mentioned reasons but I realize I've looked like a total dumbass staring at women in public for several years. I walk over to the micro counter to put half and half in my americano, after waiting in line AGAIN to use the micro counter, while I am pouring the cream in my coffee this lady comes up behind me with a tiny, high pitched, squeaky voice and says, "I am just going to squeeze by you here to get a napkin" and in the process hits my coffee and spills it all over. I was so pissed, I turned around and said in my best tiny, high pitched, squeaky voice, "I am an inconsiderate bitch and my time is more important that yours so instead of waiting my turn I am going to get in your way and spill your coffee all over the counter."

Anyone that knows me might be thinking, "I can't see Tyse doing that." Well you're right, I didn't say that. I just said, "it's ok, I will just clean this up, go ahead and go." But in my head I said the previous statement about 5 mins after I left. Maybe I should just go home and try again tomorrow. I really can't see this day turning around anytime soon.

Tyse

1 Comments:

Blogger kristina contes said...

WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T YOU SAY THAT!? NOW I'M PISSED AT YOU FOR NOT SAYING THAT. FUCK!

P.S. I am also one of the people who stares at women in public. I blame it on all the men in my life. So if you saw me staring at them at the starbucks would you think I was a lesbian??? Am I a lesbian???

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker