Thursday, January 12, 2006

Miss P

I am still trying to get a feel for everyone I work with. I have a few people figured out like Miss P, she is your typical middle aged lady who has worked here for 20 years and knows the legacy system better than anyone. I thought I would see if she had a sense of humor and could take a joke because she seemed non-technical. I sent her a very nice email asking her if she could show me how to send email when she gets a min. I then went into detail about how I have never sent email before and am a little confused. Well I really thought Miss P would of came by and made sure I wasn't joking around. This is the advantage of being the "new guy", nobody knows if you're being serious or not. So I sat with Miss P for 15 mins while she went over every detail with Outlook. Most of the conversation went like this:
"This is the send button...It sends the email" Me "I see"
"This is the forward button...It forwards the email to another user" Me "I see"
"This is the reply button...Click it if you want to reply to an email" Me "I see"
She was a very good teacher and I felt too bad to tell her I was just kidding. She then told me to send her some emails to practice. I guess I got in a little over my head.

Tyse

2 Comments:

Blogger angieoh! said...

Oh my god, that is too hilarious... I totally work with someone like that - so nice but so freaking lame!

2:43 PM  
Blogger Jacinda said...

I can't stop laughing at this!

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker