Monday, July 25, 2005

Spell check

Has anyone else noticed this blogger.com thing has the worst spell checker ever? It's like from Mexico or something, it asks me to fix words I didn't type, Like it highlights "didn't" and then suggests some words in Spanish or something. I wonder if they spent too much money on blog hosting space and had to cut costs on the spellchecker so they picked one up from Mexico for 10 pesos.

Update----
I just ran spell check on this entry, it found "spellchecker" as an error and then suggested "splices", the spellchecker doesn't even know it exists, I think this is to prevent A.I.

The second error was "blog", now this is really funny, the blogger spellchecker thinks blog is an error, I would expect Word to pick up blog, but the blogger spellchecker? Then it suggested BLOC as a fix, I dont' know what bloc is or means, but I've never used it, maybe it's another languauge.

Note to Blogger.com webmaster: "Could we invest another 25.00 into a better spellchecker? Maybe one that knows blog might be used when putting in an entry on your BLOG!?

Tyse

3 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

As someone that prides herself on her spelling capabilities, I am horrified right now. Completely. Blech.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

There's a spellcheck? Who knew? Loved this post, hilarious!

8:06 PM  
Blogger Meghan said...

Baby I didn't even know there was a spellchecker...

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker