Tuesday, July 05, 2005

ASU and the circle of hope.

I just got accepted to ASU's Tech MBA program on Friday July 1st. Classes start on Aug. 23rd which is a very short amount of time to get everything in order before classes start. The school tells me they will send out everything I need to know in my acceptance packet. I realize they have my old Utah address on file and I need to update this with my new AZ address. This is where all the fun began, I call the Tech MBA student services director to change my address and this is a step by step document of what happened as I can remember it:

SSD:ASU Student Services
Tyson: Hi, This is Tyson ******, I need to change my address
SSD:Are you a student here?
Tyson: I just got accepted.
SSD:Well congratulations Tyson, everything you need to know will be sent out in your acceptance packet, anything else?
Tyson: Wait, wait, that is why I need to change my address so I get the acceptance packet at the right address.
SSD: Oh, well I will look you up in the system and send you the instructions on how to change your address by email, Ok, thanks, bye.
Tyson:Wait, wait,
Dead air

So I wait for 10 mins and no email.

SSD: ASU Student Services
Tyson: Hi, it's Tyson again, I never got your email.
SSD: Well I sent it 5 mins ago.
Tyson: I Know, before you got off the phone I wanted to tell you the email address you have on file is no longer working since I don't live in Utah anymore.
SSD:Oh, well do you have a new email?
Tyson: Yes, it's ******@gmail.com
SSD:Ok, I will send that out ASAP.
Tyson: Thanks Bye.

I get the email and follow the directions.
It asks me for a ASURITE ID, I have no idea what that is.

SSD:ASU Student Services
Tyson: Hi, me again.
SSD: Hi
Tyson: This is asking me for a ASURITE ID, what is that?
SSD: Well you should of gotten an email from us with that info.
Tyson: I know, I don't have access to my old email because I moved from Utah and my ISP closed my account and I lost all my email.
SSD: Well we can't send out ASURITE ID's over the phone, I can send another copy to your email address on file.
Tyson: The email you have on file is wrong.
SSD: Well you will have to call the helpdesk then on the website.
Tyson: Ok thanks, bye.

HelpDesk:ASU Helpdesk, how can I help you.
Tyson: Hi, I am trying to access your website but it keeps asking me for a ASURITE ID and I dont' have that.
HelpDesk: Well you should of gotten that in an email
Tyson: I know, I don't have access to it anymore, can you just give me my ASURITE ID.
HelpDesk: You will have to get it from the registar
Tyson: Ok
HelpDesk: I will transfer you

Registar: Registar office how can I help you?
Tyson: Hi, I need to get my ASURITE ID so I can change my address and email address because I moved here from Utah and I cannot get into my email and my packet is getting sent out and I dont' want it going to the wrong address. So can you please just give me my ASURITE ID so I can take care of this?
Registar: Well are you a student here?
Tyson: Not yet, I just got accepted
Registar: Well when admissions puts your data into the computer it should generate an ASURITE ID and email it to you, Did you get the email?
Tyson: Is this a joke?
Registar:What do you mean?
Tyson: Nevermind, I didn't get the email because I don't have access to the email you have on file, I need to get my ASURITE ID to change my email address so I can change my physical address. Can you please just give it to me??
Registar: Well let me see if you are in the system, do you have your 9 digit ASU number?
Tyson: No, and please don't tell me it was in the stupid email.
Registar: Ok, I can see you are upset sir, but it was in the email. Let me just look it up by your last name.........silence...............
{after long awkward pause}
Tyson: Do you need my last name?
Registar:Yes
Tyson: It's ******
Registar: Oh, here you are, I see you have been accepted and looks like things are moving right along.
Tyson: Ok, does it show you my ASURITE ID?
Registar: Yes, I can see it right here.
Tyson: Ok, what is it?
Registar: Well we cannot give out this information over the phone, you will have to call admissions, here I will transfer you.

Admissions: ASU admissions office, how can I help you?
Tyson: Hi, can you give me my ASURITE ID or do you have to transfer me?
Admissions: Well that depends
Tyson: On what?
Admissions: Sir, how can I help you?
Tyson: I need to change my address so I can get the acceptance packet you are going to mail out.
Admissions: You have to change your address online, we cannot do that here.
Tyson: I was trying to do it online but it's asking me for a ASURITE ID
Admissions: Well you should of received an email from us with your id.
Tyson: I don't believe in email and I've never had an email address and I hope to never get one.
Admissions: Well then the only other choice is to post mail it.
Tyson: That would be great, do you want my new address?
Admissions: You have to change your address online......oh....(I can see the light bulb go on in her head)....I See your problem now.
Tyson: Well that is nice.
Admissions: Well there is all these rules about changing student data, do you have access to a fax?
Tyson: Yes
Admissions: Fax me a request to send out your ASURITE ID, with photo ID and Signature and I will Fax back your ASURITE ID.
Tyson: Great, thanks,

I am in complete shock as to why this was so hard, I know ASU has a rep for being a party school but maybe somebody should just lay off the drugs for a min so I can get my address changed.

Tyse

4 Comments:

Blogger Levi said...

bwuhaahahahahahaaaa!!!

"Hi, me again"

"I dont believe in email"

"... or are you going to transfer me?"

I hate the phone.

Better yet, I hate people.

5:40 PM  
Blogger Meghan said...

Funny funny story..This is hilarious, made my night!

9:07 PM  
Blogger kristina contes said...

Holy shit! I got a headache just reading that. I'm surprised I even made it through to the end. Sorry these people are such imbicils.

1:58 PM  
Blogger island jen said...

LMAO...oh, there are some things about college I don't miss!!

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker