Thursday, June 23, 2005

Ok, It's hot, I got it. Enough already.

My wife and I just moved to Phoenix about 2 weeks ago. We've been planning on moving here for over 1 year so it's nice to finally be here. I am just so sick of everyone telling me how hot it is. People who never lived in Phoenix will tell you how hot it is. This is a typical convo. between me and anyone from Utah:
Me: So I'm moving to Phoenix next month
Utahn: Serious?
Me: Yeah, I've been telling you for over a year now
Utahn: Man, good luck in the valley of fire, do you know how hot it is there?
Me: No, I don't know, but you must be an expert so tell me about it.
Utahn: Well 29 years ago when I was driving from somewhere to somewhere else we stopped in Phoenix and it was so damn hot, I could never live there.
Me: Well I will let you know how it goes.

So now that I am here, I am letting everyone know how it is:

IT's NOT THAT BAD!!!!

Lets take a look at the average temps in Phoenix vs Salt Lake City
here is the link to get all the info
http://www.worldclimate.com/cgi-bin/data.pl?ref=N33W112+1300+028112C

Phoenix has an average max temp. from a high of 102.4 and a low of 65.7 range = 36.7


Lets look at Utah:
http://www.worldclimate.com/cgi-bin/data.pl?ref=N40W111+1300+427598C

Utah has an average max temp. from a high of 92.1 and a low of 36.3 range = 55.8

So we can see that Utah's average temp is only 10 degrees cooler than Phoenix and Utah has a much higher range in temps.

There is a reason why you have 5 million people in Phoenix and less than 2 in SLC. I am just so sick of everyone telling me how hot it is here and how I am crazy for moving down here when they have never been here. I go from my a/c house to my a/c car to my a/c work. I am in the heat maybe 5 mins a day. Not a big deal. And it might be 109 here, but it's 95 in SLC. Tell me one reason why 95 is so much better than 109? You are still doing the same thing.....nothing. Both are way to hot to do anything outside. I just can't wait for everyone to come here in December when they are sick of the snow and need a nice place to stay. I will tell them, "you don't want to come here, it's too hot remember?"

T

3 Comments:

Blogger Meghan said...

Oh sad babe..You are frustrated I can see!

8:05 AM  
Blogger Jude said...

you don't know me T.
but i am one of your wife's best cyber friends.
can i just say that your bitterness is so entertaining.
love it...

10:46 AM  
Blogger kristina contes said...

dude, but it's so damn hot there!!!

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker