Friday, June 17, 2005

Phoenix Drivers

I have a question for all the drivers in PHX.
How many car accidents do you have to see before you stop slowing down to 10 MPH to stare at them?
I just moved here from SLC and the traffic is very, very, bad.
Everyday there is at least 2 or 3 car wrecks on the freeways.
So you will be going along nicely on the freeway and then everything stops and goes slow for 5 miles. When you get up to the root of the problem there is 2 or 3 cars pulled off the side of the road and maybe a cop is there. Everyone in all 5 lanes needs to stop and watch. I understand this, I used to do it myself, but every single day there is a car wreck, how long is it going to take before people become desensitized to it? There is certain things in our society that are bad to become desensitized to, crime, sex, murder. But car wrecks should be everyone's number 1 priority to become desensitized to, I have done it, and I am proud to say I am no longer fascinated by a car wreck. I wonder what goes through these people's mind? "Wow, blue and red flashing lights those are amazing!", "Wow I wonder how much it's going to cost to fix that”, “A car wreck!! Honey slow down, slow down", "Oh my god, there is a car wreck up there, I haven't seen one of those since yesterday" I mean it's like a dog coming to eat his food, he has had the same meal for the last 7 years and he is still so happy and excited to eat it.
Everyone would just get home a lot faster if we didn't have to wait for everyone to look at the car wreck. If you think about it you should be ashamed of yourself for looking, you are getting pleasure out of seeing someone else in pain or misery, thinking to yourself, "man, I’m glad that isn't me" That is a messed up feeling, you should just concentrate on the road and get your ass home.


2 Comments:

Blogger kristina contes said...

Well put. "Damn, I think that guy's arm fell off" or "Look at all that blood" are also good ones.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Meghan said...

That is so true...The drivers here are effing weird as hell and the newscasters..Let us not forget the newscasters!

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker