Monday, June 06, 2005

New Techie Joke

When I first started working in the IT industry it took a long time to adjust my sense of humor to understand these people. For example, I was in a meeting and one of the programmers said some stupid comment that I don't remember right now. The entire room was on the floor laughing, except me. I was really confused and didn't understand what was so funny, I understood the comment, I understood the irony, but I didn't understand why it was so funny. Later in the meeting I remember making some funny comment, it was really funny and I remember being proud of myself for making it. I was laughing really hard because it was funny!! I then look up and 12 other people are staring at me like I am so stupid and that was the dumbest comment ever. Confused by all this I get back to my desk and call a few non-techie friends and explain the funny comment I made, they all thought it was very funny.

So now when I am in those meetings and someone makes a joke I laugh just as hard as the rest, my sense of humor has changed and now I am afraid that I have a techie sense of humor and have lost any hope at getting back to a normal sense of humor now that I've been in IT for 3 years.

Here is the perfect example of what I am talking about.
In SLC it's raining very hard today, so Roger comes over to my desk and says, "Tyse, I'm so glad I'm not a horse right now" Oh why is that Roger? "Because then my coat would get all wet"
Then Roger starts laughing so hard his body starts going into convolutions, then I start laughing as well and in the back of my mind I'm very upset with myself for thinking that was funny.

I will get a picture of Roger one day I hope. He is your total stereotypical programmer.

More techie jokes to come when I hear them.

Tyse

3 Comments:

Blogger Meghan said...

HA HA HA! Did that really happen today with Roger? That is hilarious. I know all about your techie humor, baby.

11:39 AM  
Blogger kristina contes said...

Umm, I am scared for you. Watch lots of regular funny stuff, like Old School and Ferris Bueller's Day Off. The horse joke is not funny.

7:05 PM  
Blogger island jen said...

ok...imagine crickets chirping in the backgroud..."huh"? I'm going to have to share this with my boyfriend, because he too is a tech geek...!

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker