Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Subway Bullshit

I've been going to Subway A LOT over these last few weeks to try and lose some weight.

I guess you could say I'm trying out the Jared diet. My coworker always calls me Jared because Subway is the only place I want to eat.

I now know the entire Jared story is BULLSHIT!! He didn't really eat there everyday, I know this because I only eat there like 3 times a week if that and I am so fucking sick of the food I could choke. Anyone that ate there everyday for 6 months would be insane. You can only do so much with meat and bread, after about 3 weeks you run out of ideas, then you just sort of stop caring what you eat. I now just tell them to surprise me, "you chose, it's all the same shit to me" is what I say when asked for my order.

The other thing that pisses me off about Subway is the people that think it's healthy no matter what. You always see the 350 pound man in line before you with a footlong meatball sandwich which has just as much fat as a Big Mac. (See Below) Then when the guy asks if he wants mayo the 350 pound dude says, "no, no, no mayo, I'm doing the Jared thing" Hello dumbass, you are going to throw down 1000 Cal/44 g of fat and you think mayo is going to make a damn bit of difference?

FOR 6" >Meat Ball marinara >(500 Cal/22 g fat/5 g fiber/52 g carbs) 11 > WW points

Big Mac >(580 Cal/33 g fat/3 g fiber/47 g carbs) 14 WW points

Now the next big thing is the toasted sub, this is the best idea Subway has come up with for a long time. The toasted sub solves two problems for Subway:

1. They are keeping up with competition and not letting Quizno's get anymore market share. Sort of like how Microsoft comes out with everything MAC has had for years. We are going to get XP 64bit edition, Sweet!! MAC has had 64bit since OSX first came out. Funny how marketing rules your life, outdated technology is forced on all of us just because Microsoft has a far better marketing plan than MAC or anyone else.

2. The main complaint about Subway is their bread is so stale and dried out on the ends, it seems like you are biting into a rock at the end of the sandwich. Now that you can get your sub toasted the dried out bread is consistent throughout the entire sandwich.

Great job subway!!! Keep up the great work.

Tyse

2 Comments:

Blogger Meghan said...

THis is hilarious. But WTF has been happening to the lunches I make you if you are going to Subway three times a week? Caught red handed!

2:04 PM  
Blogger kristina contes said...

aww, meg makes you lunch??? how cute.

subway's pretty gross. so unatural. i still eat it though.

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker