Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Drama is a girl thing!!

I am very excited for this weekend, I am going on a golf trip to Utah with 20 people. This will be our 5th consecutive year. I know organizing a golf trip with 20 people sounds like quite a task and most people would never even think about trying to set something like this up. There is a lot to plan and take care of: Tee times, collecting the money, condo reservations, restaurant reservations, non-golf activities, sleeping arrangements, golf pairings, communicating updates, and transportation.

I have been doing this for 5 years now, and everything has come together perfectly. We don't have any fights about money or where we are going to eat. Everything just clicks and we have a great time. I know you must be thinking, "how can 20 people spend a weekend together and not have any drama?". Let me give you the answer, NO WOMEN!!

When you're on a trip with 20 guys you will never hear this conversation:
George : Hey Ralph, I paid for your range balls so you owe me five dollars.
Ralph : Well I gave you ten dollars for gas money so can't you just take it out of that?
George : Well if you're driving back with me then I am going to need that gas money.
Ralph : I am going to ride back with Jeremy in his Civic which gets really good gas mileage so he won't over charge me for gas like some people.
George : I don't think he will have room for you and your fat ass in his Civic.
Ralph : I can't believe you just said that to me, we are no longer friends.
George : That is fine, just give me my five dollars!
Ralph : I will once we get back to the condo, I don't have any cash right now.
George : FINE!
Ralph : FINE!
George (whisper, walking away) : bitch
Ralph : (whisper, walking away) : slut

This is how the conversation would actually go:
George : Ralph, I got your range balls so don't worry about them.
Ralph : Cool thanks man, how much do I owe you?
George : Five bucks.
Ralph : Is it cool if I pay you once we get back to the condo?
George : Sure man
Ralph : Thanks

Tyse

3 Comments:

Blogger Meghan said...

Seriously, I think I have had this conversation with my girlfriends.. but usually we end up yelling and then crying.
Funny funny!

3:59 PM  
Blogger Michelle McGee said...

GREAT conversation! Can't wait to share it with my husband who left for the Vineyard this morning for 4 days of golfing with the guys!

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

through meg's blog. It's kinda true. And I'm a chick. I try to remember this when dealing with my students - few words= more peace and more power.

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker