Wednesday, August 02, 2006

New Cube Guy!! (BTPANCM)

We had an employee resign on Friday.
He sat right next to me and did his own thing.
We had a virtual agreement that even though we worked less than 2 feet away from each other, we had a cube wall between us and we respected the cube wall. The cube wall is only 3 feet high. So as long as we both sat in our chairs we couldn't see each other and the wall could be 10 feet high. Everything was just great!

Well, he left on Friday for Honeywell. So Monday and Tuesday his cube was being set up for some New Indian Dude (NID) {I knew it was an Indian dude because the name plate said something like Sureij Karinkiganickan}. I really like working next to Indian workers, they don't speak and are quiet as a mouse. So I was happy Monday and Tuesday.

Well today I get to work early, before most people are in the office. 9:00 AM rolls around and guess who comes walking into NID's cube? Big, Tall, Punk A, New Cube Man! (BTPANCM) It's only 10:10 AM and I know this isn't going to work out. I guess BTPANCM decided to make a little switcharoo last night after everyone had left. I guess he didn't like his old cube so he decided he was better than New Indian Dude (NID). This can be represented by BTPANCM > NID. See I really don't have any respect for office vultures like this. You know the guy that doesn't really belong in an office but will move into an empty office after hours and just hope nobody says anything. These people really piss me off, who do they think they are? You can't just jump around from cube to cube without going through the proper channels. See these people are like mice, they just squeeze into any open place and try not to get caught. Well not this time, I caught this little punk and I am posting it on my BLOG!!

Now I wouldn't mind or care if BTPANCM was just a normal worker and respected the 3 foot cube wall. But this guy is nuts, he doesn't have any office etiquette! He is like 6' 10" and when he sits down I can still see the top of his head. Now I have to slouch down in my chair so I can't see the top of his head. But this only works part of the time because, he won't sit the fuck down!!

He is one of those rubber necking bastards that is so concerned with what everyone else is doing. He stands up and looks around staring everyone down. He is always looking at me and looking at my monitor. I think the longest he has sat down is 5 mins. Then he will do the Walk Around Stare, I think everyone knows what the walk around stare is. W.A.S makes anyone so uncomfortable, and when BTPANCM does it I can't stand it. He has only been here for 1.5 hours and he has done at least 5 W.A.S's. He walks over to the printer and back without taking his eyes off my screen or my face. If you don't know what I am talking about I have included a picture.


I just unplugged the printer from the network so now BTPANCM is printing his novel at another printer. I don't know how long I can keep this up. I think I am going to request a move!

Tyse

3 Comments:

Blogger Meghan said...

Hysterical,
especially the drawing. I love it!

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't really know how I stumbled onto your blog... but this is tooooo funny... Thanks for the laugh

Sherry

1:08 AM  
Blogger Neighbor of Tourette's Boy said...

Hours before the new guy is supposed to arrive at his new cubicle you should come in and move the cube thief back to his original cube, the new guy takes the cube that was designated for him, problem solved.

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker